COCONUT WATER KEFIR STARTER KIT
If you have been looking to culture your own Coconut Water Kefir, but aren’t sure how to go about it, this Starter Kit is for you. It contains all the equipment and instructions you need to get started culturing delicious probiotic goodness in the comfort of your home. Coconut Water kefir grains contain no actual “grains” such as wheat or rye. The taste varies greatly depending on the culturing time.
- A fermented drink rich in probiotics
- Has a pleasant light soda-like taste
- Source of calcium, protein, potassium & other essential nutrients
- Boosts immunity
- Improves digestion
- Promotes healthy bone density
- Combats candida & promotes healthy bacterial balance in the gut
- Anti-inflammatory benefits
- Natural antibiotic & antifungal properties
- Can be added to smoothies, desserts, oatmeal & salads
Directions for activating your Coconut Water Kefir starter kit for initial usage:
- Into the container (Glass bottle with lid) pour 500ml coconut water.
- Add all the Water Kefir grains to the jar.
- Stir the mixture well with the wooden spoon provided. Cover the bottle with a cheesecloth or paper towel secured by a rubber band.
- Place in a warm spot, 22 to 25 degrees C for 24 hours.
- Strain out the Water Kefir grains using the cotton sieve supplied (Do not use a metal spoon or metal sieve) and place on a fresh batch of coconut water. (Discard this first batch of coconut water)
- Repeat steps 2-4 every 24 hours until the grains are activated. Activation may take 5 -10 days. Your grains are activated and are culturing successfully once you notice that the coconut water solution smells a bit yeasty.
Once your grains are activated you are ready to make coconut water Kefir.
- Transfer the Water Kefir grains into the Glass Bottle and add 500ml of coconut water.
- Place in a warm spot at 20 -25 degrees C to culture for 24 hours.
- Drain the grains and keep on the side for your next batch or cover with a cup full of coconut water.
- Cover the bottle with the lid tightly so that an airlock is achieved.
- Place in a warm spot at 20 – 25 Degrees C to culture for 24hours.
- After 12 hours we recommend, “burping” the glass bottle with lid to release excess pressure.
- The finished Fizzy coconut water is now ready to do the following with:
Add flavouring to the fizzy kefir water or add fruit – cranberries, ginger, lemon juice or berry juice concentrate work beautifully. Refrigerate and consume.
The sky is the limit when it comes to flavouring options. Make sure that your grains are removed before you start to experiment with flavours so as not to contaminate your coconut water Kefir grains.
Storage of your Coconut Water Kefir grains when you are not using them.
- Up to 3 weeks.
- Add your Coconut Water Kefir grains to 500ml of coconut water. Place in the fridge.
- Shelf life of the Hydrated Water Kefir grains is 60 months from the manufactured date, or longer when stored in a freezer.
Coconut Water Kefir Starter Kit contains:
- Glass jar fermentation vessel.
- Milk cloth sieve and wooden stirrer.
- 1.5 grams dehydrated coconut water kefir grains.
- Instruction manual.